7.13.2009



my boys helped me pick raspberries today. they ate them faster than i could pick them and i was lucky to even get this many. my baby was so funny crawling around after us and pulling raspberries off the vine. he looked like a crazy little jungle baby when we were all done with his berry stained face and his make out hair.
i'm making my mom a quilt for her birthday and i am loving these blocks in particular. this is the first quilt that i have made from a pattern and i have to say that i keep asking myself " what the hell have i gotten myslef into?" nothing is easy or turning out the way it is supposed to. i am taking a break for a few days from the quilt. we both need a break, time to think things over and see if we can make it work. i'm sure we can in the end.
the last picture is of a little embroidery that i'm going to hang on my collage wall. i love the color of the fabric and plan on making a shirt out of it next.

3 comments:

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Fun Jackie! You are so talented. Those berries look yum! We had a good time visiting last night and I saw your friends baby G. and thought he was adorable. I can see some resemblance.
We are off to go shopping. Need more veggies and fruit!

Julie said...

I too love the colour of the embrodery fabric! Great job!
Julie

Megan Marie said...

Darling fabric choices. You are so talented! I hope your break from your quilt gives you the necessary vision. xoxo