11.19.2009

frayed rosette corsage shirt


frayed rosette corsage shirt tutorial-
you will need
pre-washed strips of fabric prepared in the same way as these ones vary the length and width for added texture and interest
a new or old tank, t- shirt, or whatever, i think it would even be cute on a cardi.
start by tying a very loose knot on one end of your fabric
pick a starting point for your first flower.
keep twisting. i like to vary between twisting the fabric loosey goosey and tight.
repeat, making some rosettes bigger and some smaller. i try to overlap a bit too.
keep going until you like what you see. i find that i have to try on the shirt to see where things need to go and if it needs more rosettes. i'm working on one other tutorial for today while the boys nap. we will see how that goes...
ps. i used black thread on these so that you could see what i was doing in the pictures better. i probably wouldn't use it for your shirt unless it went better with your fabric.

7 comments:

Brian and Jaime said...

love love love this. HELLO J.CREW!!! Jackie how are you so creative and I am so NOT!

Emily said...

I want one! You are so creative miss.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

You are sooooo awesome! I can't wait to do this! I guess I better find a shirt.

Guess what, no Martha Stewart paint at Lowes! Do you still have swatches? I may have to come over.

Jessica said...

I wish one of those would magically show up at my house. But it would have to fit over my big belly!

Amy Lou said...

Oh they turned out SOOO cute! GOOD JOB MAMA MONSTER :)

Madeline said...

fantastic!

The Splendiferous Life said...

Love this..so cute..

sherry

http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com