12.06.2010

random

this is know for sure. the flu, the real flu you know influenza? it sucks...bad. my baby got it friday night and i got it saturday. i don't recall ever being so miserable in my life. my poor little guy was so miserable and sad. it breaks your heart to see your kids sick we are on days 3 and 4 and still not better. oh and did i tell you that the day after thanksgiving my oldest son came down with strep throat and wait for it.... scarlet fever?! i didn't even know that was possible to still get! we keep getting sick and i don't know how to stop it. it seems to be since my oldest started kindergarten.


i am in love with this locket from varabel etsy. husband if you are reading this i really want a locket for christmas or my birthday.

this is by far one of the tastiest soup recipes i have ever made. and i love soup. i have been dreaming about making it again. but right now meat sounds icky. actually all food sounds icky. except for a fresh lime from artic circle.
ps. every single recipe on that blog is delicious. it is my favorite food blog by far. try her chicken tiki masala.oh and her cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins, zephyr pancakes

sadly i haven't but up my christmas decorations yet. i wasn't going to do it until we finished painting. we are so close to being done. just part of the ceiling and one wall in the kitchen. but i can't stand it anymore. if i feel a tiny bit better tonight it will be a family home evening activity.

i would love to make these, seen on luvinthemommyhood

theraflu is nasty, really nasty

i watched lost for 7 years. lost ended about 8 months ago. i am still super mad over the ending. the episode itself was good but i am angry that they never answered my questions and then had the nerve to say all the mysteries weren't important. really! pretty sure that's how you got people to watch the show, it was a major draw. so mad right now!

that's it! i have been talked into trying body for life again. how amazing is her transformation? love that blog  by the way. she has some great exercise routines.

my favorite oatmeal.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt
ripe mashed banana
either- nuts and maple syrup or even better justins maple nut almond butter

Combine milk, water and salt in a medium saucepan; heat until almost boiling. Add oats and cook, stirring, until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in mashed banana and toppings.
another recipe from my mom.

speaking of justins nut butter have your tried it? delicious! but expensive. i tried making my own almond butter in my food processor. i think i added the maple syrup to soon because it got all sticky. it is still really good just not creamy. i went to winco last week and grinded my own almond butter and added pure maple syrup and sea salt, much better!

speaking of winco, do you shop there? i looooooooooooooooooove it. i drive 13 minutes to drive there i love it so much. the bulk section is the best. i always spend way less money than anywhere else.

have you tried popchips? they are yummy.

look a rug that matches my wallpaper! Love!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry you're still sick! Dang you influenza! I absolutely love that locket and those crocheted mittens oh and that rug is fantastic. I'm excited to start crocheting again this winter. Get better soon whiskers (that's what andrea called me in a text the other day, that girl).

krista said...

I LOVE the rug. you have that wallpaper? i am in love.

and isn't mels kitchen cafe the best? it has saved me so many nights of wondering what to make for dinner.

hope you all get feeling better soon.

The Pollard Family said...

Oh Jackie, I miss you so much. You just make me laugh. I love reading your random thoughts! You are so funny. I just have to say that yesterday I was thinking about how upset I was with Lost! I just feel as though I had no closure and I'm a kind of person who needs closure. It was really disappointing.

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

Thanks for the compliment :) Yay for BFL! You have a great blog. Lots of fun links and ideas.